Teen Drops Social Media Addiction Lawsuit Against Meta, Google and Snap Before October Trial
TLDR
- A 15-year-old New Jersey girl dropped her lawsuit against Meta, Google and Snap, saying she wanted to “resume her life”
- Her case was one of three bellwether test cases set for October trial in California
- TikTok had previously settled the teen’s claims separately
- Meta said the teen had a mental health condition that predated her social media use
- Two other teen cases against the same companies remain scheduled for October trial
A 15-year-old New Jersey girl has voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit against Meta Platforms, Alphabet’s Google and Snap, dropping claims that their platforms contributed to her social media addiction, depression and self-harm.
🚨 Teen drops lawsuit against $META Meta, $GOOGL Google & $SNAP Snap
A 15-year-old plaintiff has withdrawn claims accusing social media platforms of contributing to addiction and mental health problems.
Companies said the case was dropped without payment.
However:
⚠️…
- Emmanuel – Big Tech & AI Investor (@EmmanuelInvest) August 21, 2026
Her attorney, Emily Jeffcott, said the teen wanted to “resume her life.” Jeffcott said her client had originally sought to hold social media companies accountable and push for stronger protections for young users.
… Continue reading the full article at the original source below.


